SVM340 Synchronized Video Microscope
On this page:
Does the SVM include software for image processing?
How do I image my micro-channels in color?
- Ensure that you have a color camera module installed (check the label on the front of the camera module). The SVM340 comes standard with a B&W camera module. Additional camera modules can be purchased from LabSmith.
- Verify that the color format is set to RGB by choosing Video>Color format>24 bit RGB.
- Choose View>Video Options>Analog settings… and set the saturation to 100% of scale.
- Ensure that there is enough signal light for the camera to work in color mode. At low light levels, the camera reverts to black and white to reduce noise. Turn up the illuminator intensity to full scale to check.
- To verify that the camera is, in fact, in a color mode, shine a white light on the top to flood illuminate your sample and check whether the output is in color. You might also place a color picture from, say, a magazine on the sample stage and check for color output.
Which analog video capture device should I use with my SVM340 analog optics module?
We recommend the StarTech USB 2.0 Composite and S-Video Capture Cable (either SVID2USB2NS or SVID2USB2). Additional units can be purchased from LabSmith or from many electronics retailers. Note: the video capture device is only needed for analog optics modules (part numbers A-RS-170-C, A-RS-170-BW, or A-SVM-EPI-BL). Digital optics modules do not require a capture device.
Can you recommend a USB-to-RS232 adapter for use with the SVM340?
What functionality do I gain with the Software Developers’ Kit?
uScope V2.020. Updated: 11/6/19.
uScope software is a complete solution for hands-off control of the SVM340, video recording and real-time video image processing and metrology. The full functionality of this software, including image processing, is currently unlocked only when an SVM340 is detected.
uScope versions 2.0+ include several new features, including autofocus, zoom capability, and real-time particle counting probes. Click here for information on using the new software features (an updated SVM340 user manual will be coming soon).
This driver allows you to control SVM340 functions through National Instruments’ LabView software. Download the file, then copy it into your LabView VI library directory.
Software Developer’s Kit
The SVM software developer’s kit (C, C++) gives you access to most SVM control functionality for incorporation into custom setups. Please contact LabSmith support for access to the download, or if you have any further questions.