Microfluidic Connectors & Chips
Support information for LabSmith CapTite™ microfluidic connector products, capillary tubing, and microfluidic chips
Click here for product information on LabSmith’s microfluidic components.
Click here for support information on LabSmith’s uProcess automated pumps, valves and sensors.
LabSmith is the US distributor for microfluidic ChipShop and the worldwide distributor for Hummingbird Nano. We stock a limited number of their catalog chips and can order any chip for your from their extensive catalog.
- Microfluidic ChipShop chips in stock
- Microfluidic ChipShop accessories
- Microfluidic ChipShop Catalog
- Hummingbird Nano chips in stock
- Hummingbird Nano website
How do I install the capillary or tubing onto a CapTite or uProcess component using a one-piece fitting?
How do I cut the PEEK capillary or tubing?
- We recommend using a sharp blade such as a razor blade or X-acto knife.
What is the procedure for cleaving fused-silica capillary tubing with ceramic cleaving stone?
- Place the capillary tubing on a clean, flat surface. If possible, apply slight linear tension to keep it taut.
- Holding the cleaving stone at an approximate 30° angle to the tubing, draw the non-serrated edge of the cleaving stone across the tubing. Apply just enough pressure to penetrate the polyimide coating.
- Pull the tubing axially until it breaks. If it won’t break, the polyimide coating has not been fully penetrated. Repeat the above steps, pressing down with slightly more force while drawing the cleaving stone across the tubing.
- Once cleaved, inspect the end finish to ensure the cleave quality meets the application requirements.
How do I degas a microfluidic system using the LabSmith Breadboard Reservoir?
- Construct the desired fluid circuit and ensure that it is closed (plug any open ports).
- Fill the reservoir at least half-full with the desired fluid and secure the reservoir with an o-ring seal
- Connect a manual luer-lock syringe to the reservoir cap with a short piece of tubing.
- Use the syringe to pull a vacuum in the fluid circuit.
What is the recommended method for attaching Bonded-Port Connectors?
How do I assemble a Filter Holder?
How do I pack a Refillable Cartridge?