Teach Microfluidics with Easy-to-Use Components and Automation
The kit is geared toward introductory college students. 1 to 4 students can participate with each kit. No previous microfluidics or programming experience is required.
Step-by-step instruction and support videos help students accomplish fluid routing, automation and scripting tasks, to build a basic setup as well as more complex circuits.
Learn microfluidics principles and construction:
- basic microfluidic systems and principles
- assembly of leak-free microfluidic circuits
- fluid routing, switching and mixing
- microfluidic chip functions and connections
- automation of pumps and valves
- scripting to control flows
- calculation of Reynolds number
- cleaning and reuse of components.
Perform multiple microfluidics experiments including:
- microfluidic co-mixing
- patterned flow
- gradient flow
- endless variations as kit components are fully reusable.
Typical completion times:
- Basic construction: 45-60 minutes
- automation and experimentation: 60 minutes
- advanced experimentation: 60 minutes.
Complete kit with fully reusable components
LabSmith microfluidics education kits include breadboard-based microfluidic fittings, valves, pumps, chips, and scripting software to help students learn the fundamentals of constructing and automating microfluidic flows. Students can build an array of designs, from simple, manual flow-control to fully-automated circuits, all on a classroom-sized budget.
Best of all: the kit components are reusable, so students can build and rebuild experiments, to explore microfluidics as well as simply constructing.