Microfluidic Fluid Control & Connectors
General information on uProcess™ automated pumps, valves, and sensors with product links to CapTite™ microfluidic microconnector and microfluidic chips
- uProcess™ Brochure
- New! uProcess™ Thermal
- CapTite™ Connectors and microfluidic ChipShop Microfluidic Chips
LabSmith is the US distributor for microfluidic ChipShop. We stock a limited number of their catalog chips and can order any chip for your from their extensive catalog.
- Microfluidic ChipShop Catalog
- Contact us for a list of the ChipShop products we currently have in stock.
How do I install the capillary or tubing onto a CapTite or uProcess component using a one-piece fitting?
How do I cut the PEEK capillary or tubing?
- We recommend using a sharp blade such as a razor blade or X-acto knife.
What is the procedure for cleaving fused-silica capillary tubing with ceramic cleaving stone?
- Place the capillary tubing on a clean, flat surface. If possible, apply slight linear tension to keep it taut.
- Holding the cleaving stone at an approximate 30° angle to the tubing, draw the non-serrated edge of the cleaving stone across the tubing. Apply just enough pressure to penetrate the polyimide coating.
- Pull the tubing axially until it breaks. If it won’t break, the polyimide coating has not been fully penetrated. Repeat the above steps, pressing down with slightly more force while drawing the cleaving stone across the tubing.
- Once cleaved, inspect the end finish to ensure the cleave quality meets the application requirements.
How do I degas a microfluidic system using the LabSmith Breadboard Reservoir?
- Construct the desired fluid circuit and ensure that it is closed (plug any open ports).
- Fill the reservoir at least half-full with the desired fluid and secure the reservoir with an o-ring seal
- Connect a manual luer-lock syringe to the reservoir cap with a short piece of tubing.
- Use the syringe to pull a vacuum in the fluid circuit.
What is the recommended method for attaching Bonded-Port Connectors?
How do I assemble a Filter Holder?
How do I pack a Refillable Cartridge?
uProcess Software Version 2.021. Updated: 5/23/18.
uProcess software is used for operation and control of LabSmith programmable syringe pumps, automated valves, pressure and temperature sensors, and temperature controllers. uProcess also includes a plug-in for automated control of the LabSmith SVM340 microscope.
uProcess Version 2.0 includes significant updates to the uProcess software. This new version includes script extensions to support math operations, re-formatted uProcess command structures based on customer feedback, and improved error warning messages. uProcess 2.0 also includes support for the new 4VM02 valve manifold. ‘
Automation scripts written using uProcess 1.4 will likely require changes to be used in uProcess 2.0. See the uProcess User Manual addendum for information on upgrading scripts to uProcess 2.0, or download the new uProcess User Manual.
Drivers for the EIB200 can be downloaded here.
Please contact LabSmith if you have any questions regarding the software or firmware update.
LabVIEW drivers for LabSmith programmable syringe pumps, automated valves and pressure sensors.